duminică, 14 noiembrie 2010

Your Job or Your Work and Web Journal – Oct 26th – November 10th, 2010

Chris Brogan’s post on Your Job or Your Work caught my eye today and it reminded me of my job to get the book I’m writing finished (a new book site is up but we’re still working out the kinks – will be public in a few days) and bring together pretty much everything I know about Social Media Analytics as well as learn new things I didn’t know while collecting the information needed.  Fortunately, one lesson Brogan mentions in his post I learned a long time ago ..



… Many people worry about their job, but forget that it’s vital to keep networking and building relationships if they intend to stay busy with important and meaningful work.


Amen.   In other news did you know Voice Searches 3X More Likely To Be Local and this makes perfect sense because voice searches on an iphone are almost always going to be for directions to and from a location.


Liked the video from HP and Business Intelligence (embedded below) in as much as the speaker said that companies that started integrating Business Intelligence and Information Technology 5 years ago can now actually succeed with it (it took about 5 years to mature) whereas companies that are just starting now can’t get much more done than “one – off”  projects.    In once case sited, a company that did the integration reduced the number of reports they generated monthly from 6000 to 150 reports, and the reports were much more actionable.


What is being said about BI and IT might as well apply to marketing and analytics or PR and analytics, as groups have a lot to learn from each other.  the biggest gain of creating the integration of Business Intelligence and Information Technology is measurable processes and this conforms with my Rainbow Analytics paper that I wrote for Compete.com.  It also seems to me that when we talk about information and the benefits that come from better understanding, a substantial investment needs to be made and corporations like IBM and HP understand it and can afford it, but many others can not.   I guess the winners play to win.  Ha.  In order to win you have to be willing to lose something. Such is life.


The other video from Bizintelligence.TV (Bizintelligence.TV YouTube Channel Interviews Jack In The Box CIO) suggests that business processes are complex to manage and there’s so much inefficiency that it takes the right kind of  Business Intelligence to optimize business operations.


JatiN has a post on this blog on how to build your own URL Scrapper which looks really interesting; there’s a bunch of things I want to automate and this looks like it’s on target as a viable way to go but I have to admit, I didn’t sit down and spend a day playing with this set of instructions – and it would take a least that long to just figure how to adapt what is in this post to automate the things you or I would want, but at least, when your ready to go that way, this post can get you started.


Btw, I had so much more in this post that got deleted – there seems to be a bug in WordPress where the period of time between when a session expires and your publishing a post, whatever was written doesn’t get saved, even in draft form.  Oh well …


How I Destroyed My Shyness And Social Anxiety By Playing Games! A Radical New Method Presented By Acclaimed Personal Development Coach, Jon Mercer. Affiliates Get Quick Conversions And 60% Payouts! Users Love The Social Strategies!


Check it out!


 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu